Research ethics training is offered online to members, employees of research ethics committees and the public.
- The TCPS 2 Tutorial -2 tutorial helps to translate into practice the guidelines formed by the Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS-2). This course presents content in a variety of formats, interactive exercises and multidisciplinary examples. The tutorial comprises ten modules, ranging from basic principles to the evaluation of projects by an REC.
- The MSSS Tutorial- The online training course “Training in Research Ethics” was created specifically for members of research ethics committees (RECs) and support staff of RECs who work in establishments in the Québec research network, health and social services. Thus, while dealing with many national and international texts, this program pays particular attention to the normative framework specific to Quebec.
- Webinaires du Groupe en éthique de la recherche (GER) (Group webinars on research ethics)
Important Documents for Research Ethics Review
- TCPS 2—2nd edition of Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
- Quebec Civil Code (Articles 10-25 and 35-41 pertain mostly to the REC)
- Plan d'action ministériel en éthique de la recherche et en intégrité scientifique (French only)
- Act respecting health services and social services
- Health Canada - Guideline for good clinical practice
- Canada Food and Drug Regulations: Part C, Division 5 "Drugs For Clinical Trials Involving Human Subjects"
- WMA's Declaration of Helsinki - Ethical Principles for Medical Research Involving Human Subjects
- International Ethical Guidelines for Health-related Research Involving Humans - Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences (CIOMS)
- The Belmont Report
- FDA Regulations Relating to Good Clinical Practice and Clinical Trials
- Mécanisme multicentrique - Mécanisme encadrant l'examen éthique et le suivi continu des projets multicentriques (French only)
- CIHR Best Practices for Protecting Privacy in Health Research (September 2005)
- MSSS webography for research ethics
- FRSQ webography for research ethics