Our CIUSSS' Nursing Department firmly believes in the development of nurses' potential. Thanks to the support of the Jewish General Hospital Foundation, scholarships are awarded each year to support JGH nurses who want to become certified by the Canadian Nurses Association. All those interested are invited to contact their Head Nurse for more details. Hurry up! Registration closes February 14, 2020.
- The candidate must have been working in a specialty field for at least two years.
- The candidate must be willing to share her/his knowledge and experience of the CNA certification process. This may include: information sessions in their unit, motivating and supporting future candidates, study groups in their field of specialty.
Candidates must submit:
- A letter describing how certification will enhance his/her practice and how he/she has contributed to the care population over the past two years. Particular emphasis should be placed on contributions to practice and leadership in the unit of care, such as preceptorship of students/new nurses in orientation, mentoring and involvement in clinical projects or initiatives.
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of support from the manager, educator or executive counsellor, describing the candidate's clinical leadership and initiatives within the unit.
The original registration receipt must be submitted for reimbursement to Sara Fiset within 4 weeks of registration:
- By mail: Sara Fiset, Room B-102, Jewish General Hospital, 3755 Chemin de la Côte-Ste-Catherine, H3T 1E2
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: room B-102, Jewish General Hospital
Once the examination has been completed, a copy of the certificate must be submitted to Sara Fiset.