- Health information and resources for patients and their families
- Staff training in creating effective patient learning materials
Patient and Family Resource Centre - Health Sciences Library
3755 Côte-Sainte-Catherine Road, Room A-200 (Côte-des-Neiges entrance)
Montreal (Quebec) H3T 1E2
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- If you need health information outside of those hours, please call and leave a message or send us an e-mail and we will get back to you ASAP.
514-340-8222, ext. 22391
514-340-8222 ext. 22453
Services & Resources:
For patients, visitors, CIUSSS staff, physicians and trainees/interns:
- Patient & Family Resource Centre
- Browse Patient Health Information Websites
- Borrowing Policy: Patients of the Jewish General Hospital (JGH) and their families, as well as staff of the JGH may borrow books from the Patient and Family Resource Centre (PFRC).
- Meet with a medical librarian: At the PFRC you can meet with a librarian who will help you find the most up-to-date and reliable health information to answer your question. The librarian will search for information with you, and can print out the information you need to take home.
- The PEN database: A single access point for hand-picked reliable and up-to-date health information, including material created by JGH staff.
- Health information Service for Gynecologic Oncology Patients: A patient information service provided by JGH librarians in partnership with the Gynecology-Oncology Division.
For CIUSSS staff, physicians and trainees/interns:
- JGH Patient Education Network (PEN): An interdisciplinary group that has the mandate to provide guidance to staff wishing to create patient education materials, to increase awareness of issues such as literacy and health literacy, and to increase access to reliable health information for patients and families.
- PEN Handbook: How to create effective patient learning materials.