To sign up for individual instruction, or to request a workshop tailored to the needs of your department, please fill out the registration form and a librarian will contact you.
For help with online registration contact Kendra Johnston, 514 340 8222 extension 22453.
Databases - literature searching
Various biomedical databases: including CINAHL, Medline (via PubMed & Ovid), EMBASE, PsycINFO, Google Scholar. Introduction to the database, searching the database, managing search results & more. Please feel free to ask for instruction on searching a database not listed here.
Managing citations using EndNote or Zotero
- Endnote for users who have access (for example through McGill)
Evidence-Based Medicine - answering clinical questions
- Introduction to evidence-based medicine
- Answering clinical questions.
- Formulating your question using PICO.
- Searching the EBM resources.
- Answering research questions
- Formulating your question.
- Lit search (MeSH terms, Boolean operators, search strategy etc.)
Use Web 2.0 tools like RSS to keep up to date:
- Introduction to RSS technology: what is it & how can it help keep you up to date.
- Find RSS and subscribe to RSS feeds
o Search alerts
o TOC alerts
- Feed aggregators (use these to manage your RSS subscriptions):
- Create a RSS feed
- Introduction to Open Access.
- Finding information to share with patients.
- Creating effective patient education materials.