What we do
The Polarization Clinic is located at the CLSC de Parc-Extension. We have a mandate from the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MSSS) to offer services throughout Quebec in conjunction with our regional partners. The team is made up of social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists, including child psychiatrists, who are experts on social polarization issues.
To the extent possible, we adapt our services to suit each person’s needs. These services are completely free of charge, with no obligation, and offered in the strictest confidence.
Services are provided in our offices at the CLSC de Parc-Extension or in a more convenient location near you.
Reasons to consult us
- You’re concerned about questions to do with social polarization and radicalization in all its forms (far left, far right, religious).
- Some people consider your ideas or actions to be radical, which may be making you feel uncomfortable or distressed.
- You’ve been the victim of discrimination or a hate crime or you fear you could be.
- You’re worried that perhaps a family member or friend is becoming radicalized and you’d like to talk about it and see how the person could be helped.
- You’re worried about your family or your community and social polarization.
We can provide totally confidential help, support and advice in all those situations.
If you’re not sure our services are what you need, please call us to talk about it. We may be able to steer you to other resources, if necessary.
We offer the following services to adults, teens and children:
- Psychological and psychiatric assessment
- Psychological and social support and follow-up for individuals and families
- Assistance to return to school or work
- Provide specialized support to individuals and families suffering the consequences of radicalization.
- Reduce stigmatization and suffering due to discrimination.
- Offer fast, confidential treatment in the community for individuals, families and groups.
You can reach the Polarization Clinic team from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. 7 days a week at 514-267-3979.
CLSC de Parc-Extension
Montreal H3N 1Y9