4375, Montclair Av.
Montreal, Quebec H4B 2J5
Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Cardiologist, Nurse, Physiotherapist, Dietitian (one a week)
Patients are assessed by the Cardiologist, Cardiac Nurse, Physiotherapist and Dietician. Duration of the program: 2 years with visits at 6,12,18 and 24 months. Four educational sessions by the Cardiac Team.
Depending on results of the stress test and risk factors program:
- Low risk to moderate: home program (Follow up by email or phone)
- Low to moderate: 1 exercise session / week for 12 weeks
- High risk: 2 exercises / week for 8 weeks, followed by 1 exercise session / week for 4 weeks
- Optimise the level of activity, increase the confidence and to reduce the fears
- To reach the target heart rate settled by physician
Eligibility criteria for patients:
Only admitted through referral. Requires to be diagnosed with coronary artery disease (Angina, MI, PTCA, CABAG) or Valve Disease with or without valve repair or replacement.