The fall prevention program for seniors offered by the CIUSSS is taking on new forms in fall 2021. Different exercise programs and services will be available to organizations with the support and expertise of a kinesiologist:
- Stand-Up! Program (exercise groups for people 65 years and older, facilitated by a health professional)
- Exercise workshops Le GO pour bouger! (physical activity program adapted for seniors to help them stay in shape in the comfort of their home);
- Implementation of the VIACTIVE program (group exercise sessions for people aged 50 and over led by trained volunteers amongst your community)
- Videoconferences on fall prevention.
- Presentation with audio regarding the deconditioning in seniors
For more information, please contact Philippe Briand, Kinesiologist at Public Health.
Phone number: 514-273-3800 ext. 6518