Where is the new daycare centre located?
On the ground floor of Pavilion N at the Jewish General Hospital (5800 Côte-des-Neiges Road), near the parking lot that leads to Pavilion H.
How many subsidized places are available?
- 10 for infants from 9 to 18 months old
- 70 for children from 18 months to 5 years old
The daycare centre will open on an incremental schedule to allow the educational team to get used to the new premises, while guaranteeing that the children are properly welcomed and integrated into the program. Not all of 80 places will be filled on opening day.
How are the places allocated?
Priority is given to the children of CIUSSS employees, as outlined by the Ministère de la Famille:
- Priority 1: Child of a CIUSSS employee (all employees); of a physician who is a member of the CIUSSS CMDP (resident physicians excluded); of a recent immigrant (less than five years in Canada);who is disabled; or who comes from a disadvantaged background. These places are allocated in accordance with the terms and conditions set by the Ministère de la Famille.
- Priority 2: Child of a member of the daycare staff
- Priority 3: A sibling of the child attending the daycare
- Priority 4: Child of a person affiliated with a CIUSSS facility where research is conducted; a member of a foundation affiliated with one of the CIUSSS facilities; a member of Hope and Cope; or someone who works as a volunteer for CIUSSS
- Priority 5: Child from a family in the community
Whom should I contact to register my child?
Although the daycare centre is intended for the children of CIUSSS employees, it is managed by an independent corporation that consists of administrators and parents. Your child can be registered through the guichet unique d'accès aux services de garde éducatifs à l'enfance, also known La Place 0-5 ans, in accordance with the rules of the Ministère de la Famille:
When you register your child at the daycare centre Les frimousses du CIUSSS du Centre-Ouest, you should select the priority to which you belong (see question 3). Please note that the reference date for the waiting list is the date on which your account is opened on the La Place 0-5 ans site, not the date of registration for the daycare centre Les frimousses du CIUSSS du Centre-Ouest.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact the director of the daycare centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can DRHCAJ put my child on a waiting list?
No, the teams in the Human Resources, Communication, Legal Affairs and Global Safety Directorate do not have any authority to create a waiting list. Management of all of the daycare centres in Quebec is centralized at the guichet unique d'accès aux services de garde éducatifs à l'enfance, which is recognized by the Ministère de la Famille. This process ensures fairness for all parents who wish to register their child in a daycare centre. Registration with the one-stop access service is the responsibility of each parent and not of the DRHCAJ.
How will I know if my child is accepted?
Parents of an accepted child will be informed directly by the daycare centre team,as soon as a spot becomes available. Only parents whose child is on the waiting list at La Place 0-5 ans will be contacted. As part of the integration process, a visit to the daycare care centre will be organized, so that the parent can register the child at the daycare centre Les frimousses du CIUSSS du Centre-Ouest. Afterwards, a process of progressively integrating the child(accompanied by his/her parent) will take place over a period of one to two weeks. The duration of the integration will depend on each child.
If you have any questions about the opening of the daycare center, please email email@example.com.