The CIUSSS library offers training on the following topics:
Databases - literature searching
Various biomedical databases: including CINAHL, Medline (via PubMed & Ovid), EMBASE, PsycINFO, Google Scholar. Introduction to the database, searching the database, managing search results & more. Please feel free to ask for instruction on searching a database not listed here.
Managing citations using EndNote
- Endnote for users who have access (for example through McGill)
Evidence-Based Medicine - answering clinical questions
- Introduction to evidence-based medicine
- Answering clinical questions.
- Formulating your question using PICO
- Searching the EBM resources.
- Answering research questions
- Formulating your question
- Literature search (MeSH terms, Boolean operators, search strategy etc.)
- Finding information to share with patients
- Creating effective patient education materials
Register for an Individual Workshop or Request a Group Workshop
Please contact the librarians by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your email, please indicate the training subject and your availability.