Prenatal classes help future parents prepare for childbirth and make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible for the baby, mother and father. CIUSSS West-Central Montreal gives you the opportunity to take two kinds of prenatal classes: in the form of virtual meetings, or by watching videos of presentations given by our team.*
To sign up, fill out the online form below.
*The current access to the Une Nouvelle Vie prenatal classes platform will end on June 1, 2022. The platform will not be accessible after this date.
Both types of prenatal classes cover the following topics:
- Becoming a parent
- Progress through pregnancy
- Lifestyle habits
- Feeding mom and her newborn
- Preparing for childbirth
- Labour and delivery
- Caring for your newborn
- Going home
Virtual group meetings
During four virtual meetings led by a nurse, future parents get answers to the main questions they may be wondering about during pregnancy. These meetings are also an opportunity to meet other expectant parents and to share their experiences. Sign up once you reach the 12th week of pregnancy. The meetings generally begin between the 20th and the 25th week of pregnancy and last for four weeks.
The virtual classes are offered only to residents living in the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal region.
Videos of presentations given by our nurses, dietitians, psychologist and social workers are an easy way to learn about the physical and emotional transformations that take place during pregnancy and delivery, and on the first few weeks in the life of a newborn.
The videos make up five learning modules geared to pregnant women, their partner, and their family members.
The videos are available to all pregnant women in Montreal.
Benefits of the videos
- Flexibility and convenience to learn at your own pace
- Watching the videos when it's convenient for you as you learn in the comfort of your home
- Information can be consulted multiple times
- Videos are available throughout your pregnancy and after the birth of your baby
- Access to a CLSC nurse by email or phone so you can ask questions (only for residents living in the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal region)
- Personalized follow-up by a CLSC nurse before your expected delivery date (only for residents living in the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal region)
To sign up for the videos fill out the online form below. Once we receive your registration, we will send you the links to the videos.
Virtual meeting with a nutritionist
In addition to virtual or online prenatal classes, future parents have the opportunity to attend a virtual meeting in French or English with a nutritionist. The nutritionist will propose several topics related to nutrition during pregnancy, and will answer questions. To get the most benefit, it is suggested that future parents attend this meeting as early in the pregnancy as possible.
A pre-recorded presentation by the nutritionist is also available.
If you have questions, please contact:
- CLSC de Benny-Farm and CLSC René-Cassin areas: 514-484-7878 ext. 63531
- CLSC de Côte-des-Neiges/de Parc-Extension/Métro areas: 514-731-1386 ext. 7401