What is telehealth?
Telehealth makes clinical services available to patients at a distance and in a secure manner, using digital technology. Telehealth makes it possible to organize and deliver health care and social services remotely, in addition to conventional healthcare services.
Telehealth is intended to:
- Increase accessibility to healthcare services
- Provide timely and continuous care of superior quality
- Promote the involvement of patients as partners in their own care
- Improve the use of professional resources and expertise
- Organize services into networks and promote collaboration among professionals
For more information
Telehealth in our CIUSSS
- Behind-the-scenes podcast of the Digital Health Team with Justin Cross, Director of Digital Health
- Technology for Staying at Home: The Digital Future – Presentation at the Cummings Centre’s Aging Well Conferences
- JGH News - Family medicine teams defy COVID-19 by linking to patients via telehealth
- JGH News - Pandemic motivates midwives to give birth to new telehealth services
- JGH News - Using the digital tools of telepsychiatry to forge emotional bonds
- JGH News - Telehealth opens new doors—and video screens—to rehabilitation at home
- JGH News - Telehealth becomes vital nursing tool in monitoring patients’ health at home
- JGH News - Telehealth plays key role in Radiation Oncology, even though treatment is provided in person
- JGH News - High marks from Physiotherapy patients surveyed about tele-rehabilitation
- 360º Newsletter - Telehealth emerges as one positive legacy of the COVID-19 pandemic, medical leaders say
- 360º Newsletter - Telehealth intervention to reduce isolation of older adults
JGH featured in February edition of Business Chief magazine
“We turn to innovation because we believe that with the technology that exists out there in the age of information, with the advent of machine learning, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, big data science and analytics, we can strengthen our system and add value, but it requires us to look at the way we provide care and then figure out meaningful ways to integrate technology into that model of care.” – Dr. Lawrence Rosenberg, President and CEO, CIUSSS West-Central Montreal.
Not long ago, Business Chief magazine sat down with Dr. Rosenberg, Dr. Justin Cross (Chief Digital Health Officer) and Danina Kapetanovic (Strategic Adviser to the President and CEO) to discuss how digitalization is enhancing the management of patient care at the Jewish General Hospital.
- SEE PDF attached to read the feature article.
Survey on telehealth needs and readiness
The Digital Health team—in collaboration with CIUSSS West-Central Montreal’s Directorate of Quality, Innovation, Evaluation, Performance and Ethics—has prepared an electronic survey and is inviting you to submit your feedback as a user of our services. Your responses will allow providers of care to better understand your technological needs, your readiness to use telehealth services, and the type of assistance you may require to successfully use telehealth.
We thank you for partnering with us to answer this noteworthy survey, as we strive to continue improving the telehealth services that we provide in our CIUSSS. Please be assured that your answers will be kept confidential and anonymous at all times. By responding to this survey, you are consenting to allow us to use your anonymous responses to help us improve our telehealth services. Our objective is to offer excellent experiences to our users and families and to improve care and services together.
- CLICK HERE for the survey.
Interested in becoming an advisor to patients who use virtual health care?
To learn more about the role and responsibilities of an advisor to patients who use virtual health care, visit the “Our volunteering opportunities” page by clicking here. If you are interested in telehealth, please indicate this when submitting the application form.
Do you have a complaint about one of our CIUSSS’s telehealth services?
If so, please contact the Office of the Commissioner of Complaints and Quality of Service (Ombudsman).
- CLICK HEREfor information about the Commissioner.