Winter may be in full force, but there is still time to get vaccinated against the flu!
For people who live in CIUSSS West-Central Montreal’s territory and have not yet been vaccinated against the flu, call one of our five CLSCs to make an appointment.
The Influenza (flu) vaccine is free for people at high risk and people in close contact with them:
- People aged 75 years old and over;
- Adults 18 years and older with certain chronic diseases;
- Children 6 months to 17 years old with certain chronic diseases;
- Pregnant women with chronic diseases, throughout their pregnancy;
- Pregnant women in good health, in their 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy;
- Family members who live in the same household of a child under 6 months of age or a person at higher risk of being hospitalized and to their caregivers.
The pneumococcal vaccine is offered to adults 65 years and over with chronic illnesses.