- When and for how long will the parking lot at Pavilion H be closed?
From Monday, August 26, until the end of the year.
- Which parking spots will be affected?
Everything in front of Pavilion H, next to Pavilion N and near the empty building, as shown in this illustration.
- Why is this happening?
To make it possible to build the playground for the day care centre, which will open in 2020. At the same time, the Technical Services Team will carry out excavation and repairs of the public utilities, such as the sewers and water system. This will improve the drainage of rain and melted snow. A temporary drop-off area will also be built to allow parents to drop off and pick up their children at the daycare centre. Development work and the planting of trees and greenery are also planned.
- How will patients of the Goldman Herzl Family Practice Centre and the Obstetrics/Gynecology clinic be able to get into Pavilion H for their appointments?
About 20 paid parking spots will be reserved for these patients, accessible through a temporary entrance near Pavilion H. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed at the owners’ expense.
- Exactly how will patients get into these parking spots?
Through a temporary entrance and exit in two locations, as shown in this illustration. Flagmen will also be present to direct traffic.
- What happens if the reserved parking spaces are all occupied?
In addition to on-street parking, there are three indoor lots near the hospital:
• Mathola parking at CLSC Côte-des-Neiges
5700 Côte-des-Neiges Road
Enter on Côte-Sainte-Catherine
• Impark Parking
5845 Côte-des-Neiges Road
• Parking lot at Linton Avenue and Côte-des-Neiges Road
Enter on Linton
- Will these parking spots be monitored and will drivers be charged for them?
Yes. They will be monitored by Safeway Parking and will have to be paid for, as long as construction continues.
- Where can other users of the Pavilion H parking lot leave their cars during construction?
• CIUSSS employees can get into Pavilion K’s underground lot, if they have a parking pass for the Pavilion H lot. To park for free, they must obtain a coupon at the information and security counter at the entrance to Pavilion B or K. The first come, first served principle will be applied to the parking spots in Pavilion K. When this parking lot will be full, employees will be encouraged to leave their cars in other public parking lots or on the street.
• Personnel of the JGH Auxiliary and volunteers can park in the hospital’s general lot, which can be entered on Lavoie Street. However, they must leave their key with attendant.
As an alternative, employees, Auxiliary personnel and volunteers are encouraged to use public transit, since the number of spaces is limited in lots near the hospital.
- Will this work have any other effect?
Employees who park in Pavilion K’s underground parking lot and turn onto Légaré Street should be aware that access to Pavilion H and N (direction of Côte-des-Neiges Road) will be closed due to heavy truck traffic.
The smoking area and picnic tables near the landing area of Pavilion K will be temporarily inaccessible.
- How can the staff of Pavilion N reach their workplace?
Through pedestrian access at the rear of Pavilion N.
Page last updated on
We always seek feedback to make our site better.