Interlibrary Loan (ILL) FAQ
ILL Symbols :
- QMJG (National Library of Canada)
- PQCSRT (Docline)
What is Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan is a service that obtains journal articles and books that are not available at the JGH Libraries for JGH staff.
How long does it take for me to receive my article or book?
- Journal Articles will be sent to your inbox and can take from one to seven working days.
- Books can be available for pickup at the health sciences library between one to three weeks after requested.
- You will be notified of their arrival as per your instructions in the request form.
What happens when I submit an Interlibrary loan request?
Upon receipt of the request, a JGH library staff member will attempt to obtain a loan or copy of the desired item from another library.
What are my responsibilities for book ILL's?
- To keep the book in good order until you return it.
- To return it on time so as to keep our library in good standing with the lending library.
- To contact the ILL service ( firstname.lastname@example.org) before the due date if you want to renew the book.
- Please Note: Our ability to renew your loan depends on the lending library’s policy.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Nicolas Pierre Sauvé
Health Sciences Library,
Tel. (514) 340-8222 ext. 25931
Email : email@example.com