Going green for a sustainable CIUSSS!
Our CIUSSS is intent on minimizing the negative environmental impact related to the delivery of its care and services. We are committed to a process of continuous improvement in the environmental sustainability of our daily activities. Our long-term vision is to develop an intimate connection among the environmental, social and economic aspects of our work.
Specifically, environmental sustainability is about:
- Respecting and exceeding the legal requirements and governmental commitments regarding the environment, as they apply to the activities of our CIUSSS
- Ensuring the health and safety of our workforce—as well as the people served by our CIUSSS—by maintaining the integrity of their environment
- Delivering health care and social services in a responsible, exemplary manner, consistent with the mission of our CIUSSS
To achieve our objectives as a green CIUSSS, our activities fall into a dozen categories:
- Supply management
- Communication and partnership
- Energy efficiency
- Waste management
- Water management
- Information technology
- Renovation and construction
- Monitoring and evaluation
This approach is possible, thanks to the commitment of every directorate in our CIUSSS. It applies to all of our facilities and to everyone on our staff.
The Environmental and Sustainable Development team