January 2023 – New! NOTICE to the research community!
The Policy and procedure on biobanking and management of biological materials, and related data, for research purposes, recently adopted by the Board of Directors (November 2022), is now available.This policy-procedure is part of the quality standards set out by the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MSSS) with respect to research and with which health establishments must comply.It applies to all research projects undertaken at the CIUSSS West-Central Montreal or within the institutions it administers, requiring the creation of collections of biological material and related data tofuture research projects.It sets guidelines for both the banks for which the researchers are responsible and those in which they participate.
May 2022 – The Regulatory framework for research involving humans at the Centre intégré universitaire en santé et services sociaux du Centre-Ouest-de-l’Île-de-Montréal has just been approved by the Board of Directors of our institution.This update of the framework applies to all actors involved in connection with research activities which:
- Are conducted in whole or in part within our CIUSSS or for which the responsibility of our establishment is engaged; or
- involve users or their relatives, employees or doctors of our CIUSSS;
- use information contained in the user's file held by the institution;
- use biological material of human origin stored or obtained within our CIUSSS or the information derived there from;
- use human, material or financial resources of our CIUSSS; or
- include the creation or use of a database or biobank created for research purposes.
It presents :
- the roles and responsibilities of the actors who play a role in the research process;
- the behaviour expected of the actors who play a role in the research process;
- the approval steps necessary to ensure that research projects meet recognized scientific and ethical standards, to protect and ensure the dignity, well-being and rights of research participants, and to ensure the local feasibility of the Research;
- the management mechanisms and guidelines that frame research within our CIUSSS.
If you have any questions about the content of this policy, please do not hesitate to contact the Research Review Office team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.