Due to the retirement of a large number of managers in our various facilities between 2019 and 2021, a number of senior positions will be open.
Thus, our CIUSSS has been making a major effort to develop a talent management culture to attract and retain the best employees.
Several measures have been implemented, including a Succession Management Program. In addition to ensuring continuity of care and services of superior quality, this Program ensures that a proper succession plan is in place and encompasses a sufficient number of employees. It also demonstrates the importance that our CIUSSS places on a culture of internal talent development, promotion and recognition.
After several months of training in this Program, the next-generation candidate will be able to:
- Understand and develop various facets of the management role, in accordance with the strategic orientations of our CIUSSS
- Intervene using effective diagnostic tools
- Communicate effectively and exercise influence to enable the mobilization of teams
- Take a critical look at a manager's current practices
- Contribute to the development of the CIUSSS
- Intervene on complex issues, using the knowledge, know-how and interpersonal skills that have been acquired and developed
Developed in collaboration with the University of Laval, this 15-credit micro-program allows participants to develop skills in communication and change management, leadership and mobilization, and negotiation skills, in the form of an integration project.