The Info-Santé 811 telephone line provides the public with access to experienced nurses who have sound clinical judgment about health concerns.
This line offers free, confidential, 24‑hour consultation and is an essential frontline service that supports the healthcare system. Over 70% of situations are resolved on the spot by nurses, without referring to a medical professional.
Info-Santé 811 also consists of:
- Professionals who provide advice, answer questions and offer direction, if necessary, to the appropriate member of staff in the health and social services network
- A bilingual service that often enables members of the public to avoid making an unnecessary visit to a clinic or to the Emergency Department
- Someone who can assist the hearing impaired
For more information on Info-Santé 811, please visit the Programs and Services section.
The Info-Santé and Info-Social 811 teams share a workspace. With nurses and social workers so close to one another, there are many opportunities for collaboration, clinical exchange and complementary support in complex situations.
811... Advice about health and social services, day or night!
Info-Santé 811 in video
"We handle about 6,000 calls a day. And at the height of the pandemic, we were at 20,000 calls a day." – Betty Belony, Nurse Clinician, Info-Santé 811.
The Info-Santé team in Montreal is looking for nurses who can make a real difference by advising the public about any question involving their own health or that of their loved one.
Extremely advantageous employment conditions
Working in a pleasant environment in modern facilities, you will be able to take on many stimulating and rewarding professional challenges!
- Ability to make use of your Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Optimal work environment in the heart of downtown, steps away from the McGill metro station
- Work schedules adapted to maximize work-life balance
- Independent and rewarding professional practice
- Adapted workstations and ergonomic work tools
- Continuing education, quality clinical supervision and state-of-the-art technology
- Nurse or nurse clinician, member of the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec
- Minimum of three years of recent and varied clinical experience
- Bilingualism (French/English)
- Experience in perinatal care, emergency care or community health
Ready for a new challenge in your career? Don't wait!
Send you CV at email@example.com.
Join us. Make a difference!